Friday 15 April 2016

Never Say Goodbye (1955 Jerry Hopper)

'Sirk on Sirk' (Jon Halliday):
 "I'm not responsible for this picture.
What happened on it?
I brought over Cornell Borchers from Germany, and I did some work on preparing it. But then I had to leave it to do Written on the Wind, and later I was brought back to finish it as best I could. I think there was some good stuff by Jerry Hopper in it."

It certainly looks like a fifties Universal Sirk, handsomely shot by Maury Gertsman (a B movie cameraman) and scored by Frank Skinner, with a frankly incredible story, featuring a suddenly famous Rock Hudson as a jealous idiot and the somewhat strange Borchers as his wife. George Sanders is the rather irritating friend.

Clint Eastwood is in it for several seconds.

No comments:

Post a Comment