Saturday 6 October 2018

Ghost Stories (2017 Jeremy Dyson and Andy Nyman & scr)

Q tells me she wants to watch something funny and uplifting - so we watched this. Well, it is quite funny, and that caravan with number 79 on it sets me off on an 'Inside No. 79' tangent. Initially a trio of unscary stories featuring Paul Whitehouse, Alex Lawther (Howard's End, The Imitation Game, Goodbye Christopher Robin) and Martin Freeman, psychic investigator Andy Nyman then finds himself back in the past whilst dealing with a man clearly wearing prosthetics - then all is explained at the end. It was quite a strange mix, really, and if the 'locked in' patient is trapped in the dream, then I felt sorry for him.

My gorgeous co-watcher tells me the widescreen is used well (it's shot by Ole Bratt Birkeland). She then completely broke her promise that we should follow it with Ghost Dog - the Way of the Samurai. Just saying.


No comments:

Post a Comment