Wednesday 30 January 2019

I Could Never Be Your Woman (2007 Amy Heckerling & scr)

Terrific fun, last seen here, witty, sharp, making lots of pointed references about modern life. Paul Rudd is at his most bouncy and appealing - check out scenes where he first meets Saoirse, for example, or instantly bonds with Michelle Pfeiffer's ex Jon Lovitz. Some signs I think of improvisation. Saoirse's rendition of 'Oops I Did It Again' and 'Like Rain' are hilarious. Why then did the studio not release it theatrically?

Graham Norton is good value and everyone else is in it - Sarah Alexander, David Mitchell, Steve Pemberton etc. And Stacey Dash, Tracey Ullman (as Nature), Yasmin Paige (Saoirse's friend).


Mackenzie Crook being extremely rude about actresses


The next time Rudd is on Graham's show he should get them to play a clip.

'You wanna cut those apron strings if you're gonna be a real man."
"I don't need to be a real man - I'm an actor."

No comments:

Post a Comment