Friday 17 July 2020

Once Upon a Time... in Hollywood (1969.. I mean 2019 Quentin Tarantino & scr)

For a film with such amazingly high fidelity (geddit?) production values, I can't believe this is a contemporary font:


It looks too modern.

My eyes are riveted to the film.. again. I could actually relax and enjoy it this time.


Somehow you know in ten years' time they'll still be buddies... The new Italian bride will be long gone..

This isn't the actual Spahn Ranch, which was a B movie western set which the Manson cult did inhabit in 1969
In his mixing of fact and fiction, QT is every bit as masterful as William Boyd, but unlike the novelist, he dares to change history. I love the way Quentin has taken the actual events of that fateful night of August 8th and twisted them to such a thrilling and beautiful conclusion.

Also loved the final Red Apple cigarette commercial.


No comments:

Post a Comment