Monday 1 April 2024

Anatomie D'une Chute / Anatomy of a Fall (2023 Justine Triet & co-scr)

Cannes Palme D'Or winner.

Did German Sandra Hüller kill her French husband Samuel Theis? Their son Milo Machado-Graner is able to shed a little light, and barrister Swann Arlaud does his best to defend her. The fact that she is an author who by her own admission likes to mix fiction and reality together doesn't help matters.

One thing's for sure: if my husband kept playing the same maddening song over and over again at top volume, I would have bashed his head in myself.

I must say Messi as Snoop plays his part brilliantly. He won the Palm Dog.

It's quite talky but a not uninteresting film, rather long (2 hours 20). I didn't find it as rave-worthy as everyone else. though you have to accept that Triet and Arthur Harari's Oscar- and BAFTA-winning original screenplay does keep throwing out interesting twists and turns.





No comments:

Post a Comment