Monday 12 December 2022

More Big Bang Theory (2012-2014)

On Season 6 already. Reckon it's about 96 hours in all!

Smart, intelligent writing - inspired by Frasier's style?

The Penny-Sheldon relationship is great. It made me think of other partnerships where one character is on the spectrum, like The Bridge (Saga and Martin) or the Parenthood series (Max and Hank), The A Word (Joe and especially his sister) and even The Queen's Gambit, where the main character is just that little bit different... And coming off that, that we should play chess more.

Penny playing Dungeons and Dragons, to Sheldon: "Oh it isn't alcohol. It's a magic potion that makes me like you". Simon Helberg displays good impersonation skills here, giving us Nicolas Cage, Al Pacino and Christopher Walken.



Bob Newhart is in it a couple of times, memorably when he appears to Sheldon as a ghost. His timing is absolutely wonderful. James Earl Jones and Billy Bob Thornton are in it too.

"Damn you and your noise-cancelling breasts."


Jim singing sure does sound like Neil Young.

Favourite moment: where Sheldon is about to embark on solo train journey and Penny puts her arms round him, kisses him, and says 'Be sure to write'.




We've seen Jim in The Boys in the Band, Hollywood, Hidden Figures and Wish I Was Here. Oh, and 10 Items or Less. And Garden State. He won his third and fourth Emmys for Sheldon in 2013 and 2014. (his fourth Emmy won here.)

Penny: "You know I hate that your sister and her friends used to torture you. What I hate even more is if I was there I would have tortured you too."
Sheldon: "Based on this pep talk I'd say you were still doing it."
Penny: "My point is there would have been a time when I never would have been friends with someone like you and now - you are one of my favourite people. So, if what you need is to spend your birthday in a bathroom, I'm happy to do it with you."
Sheldon: "But everyone will think I'm weird."

"You are weird."

Teleplay: Steven Molaro & Steve Holland & Tara Hernandez.

No comments:

Post a Comment