The end of End Game has psycho genius Ruth Gemmell given some good stuff to get her teeth into as she organises an ingenious escape from prison, then takes Boyd on a journey to kill the nutter who's killed his son (Barbara Marten) - but he can't, even though Grace will die. The genius though has let herself down somewhat as she's in the next room as Boyd, and ends up learning how not to fly.
I had a feeling we'd seen Harbinger before - I'd remembered the scene where the WPC in the empty house is set on fire. It turns out to be one of Ed 'Tall Tales' Whitmore's most successful stories, about a woman whose family seems condemned to die of illnesses and the disappearance of her husband; and the appearance of a weird looking couple.
We were impressed with some of Crispin Green's editing.
We started Care, Richard Warlow, which revolves around a horribly corrupt care home which seems to be run by the children.
I finally (!) realised that we know nothing about Boyd's private life, never see him 'off duty'.

No comments:
Post a Comment