Sunday 6 November 2022

Foyle's War: Enemy Fire (2004 Jeremy Silberston)

Moving episode finds Andrew - the best flier in his unit - finally burned out though one mission too many - goes AWOL. In parallel, local gentry John Wood's palatial home is turned into a hospital for RAF burns victims, run by an eccentric Bill Paterson (always liked him since The Singing Detective... and that obscure TV movie God on the Rocks - sadly unavailable). And there's the inevitable murder.

Wood was mainly known as a stage actor but appeared in Lady Jane, Shadowlands, An Ideal Husband, Lewis, Chocolat, Sabrina, The Purple Rose of Cairo and Slaughterhouse-Five.

With Jonathan Slinger, Dearbhla Malloy, Peter Blythe, Shaun Dooley, Simon Woods, Martin Turner, Jemma Powell.

Foyle: "Well I'll miss him. Will you?"
Sam: "Yes, sir. I'm sorry I didn't... I didn't mean to become involved. Well, I did.."
Foyle: "Well. The Foyles. Always have been hard to resist."




No comments:

Post a Comment