Tuesday 2 June 2015

Woody Allen: A Documentary (2012 Robert B Weide & scr, co-ed)

Part One:

Woody telling us how his nanny threatened to (and began) suffocating him; how some one drove his car at him through PS99 playground trying to run him over; that his parents were often rowing or not speaking.
Some of the great stand-up stuff: "This was my grandfather's watch. He sold it to me on his deathbed." "I have a great example of someone using oral contraception. I asked this girl to go to bed with me and she said no."
Woody trying not to laugh when Diane Keaton is improvising a scene from 'Sleeper'.
In performance on the clarinet.
How we always looked after his sister Letty who was eight years younger.
He doesn't say why he doesn't like Manhattan which is annoying, though I completely agreed with Mariel Hemingway that in that film he gives a great performance.

No comments:

Post a Comment