Tuesday 16 February 2016

The Descendants (2011 Alexander Payne)

Q needed George; it's one of his best performances. And I can't tire of repeating the great ensemble cast of Shailene Woodley, Amara Miller, Nick Krause, Beau Bridges, Robert Forster, Matthew Liddard, Judy Greer.

Q wondered why George kisses Greer suddenly on the mouth; I conjectured that films should contain surprises like life.

Although I'd previously taken some screen shots which showed this off, I hadn't quite appreciated before how well this film uses its widescreen shape (and how most films don't) - will have to check more Phedon Papamichael and Payne to work out who's responsible.

Some of the great Hawaiian incidental music was giving me a resonance of the Third Man.

Written by Payne and Nat Faxon and Jim Rash, and edited by Kevin Tent.

No comments:

Post a Comment