Thursday 1 February 2018

Kiri (2017 Euros Lyn)

Have usual bugbears with some of Lyn's direction ("Why did you do that?" I found myself asking here and there) but I do like Jack Thorne's writing. Credits:

Skins (5 episodes)
The Scouting Book For Boys. Ouch! (Can't like them all, I suppose.)
This Is England '86 / '88 / '90.
How I Live Now (additional material)
A Long Way Down
Glue / The Last Panthers (missed those...)
National Treasure
Wonder (co-wrote)

Little girl goes missing, then found dead. Social worker who expedited it is suspended. Who did it? Behaviour of teenager is outrageous. Moment where Lancashire confronts her former wards is striking.. but doesn't really go anywhere with it.

Although we know, the series ends abruptly with absolutely nothing resolved. If that's the intention, I like it, but if it's another fucking 'here comes season 2', then fuck off.

Cast: Sarah Lancashire (great), Lucian Msamati & Andi Osho, Lia Williams & Steven Mackintosh, Wunmi Mosaku, Paapu Esiedu, Finn Bennett, Claire Rushbrook.



4 x 45 mins.

No comments:

Post a Comment