Tuesday 3 July 2018

Sing Street (2016 John Carney & scr)

I'm not sure I would have chosen a widescreen format - 1.85:1 is much more 1985, and you don't really get the benefit of the wider ratio. Quite difficult to understand what some of the band are saying, especially little Ben Carolan. The priest in this picture is a bastard - so ending revenge welcome. Some of band stuff funny (keyboard player). Rather less credible than Begin Again, but fun.

Ferdia Walsh-Peelo, Lucy Boynton, Jack Reynor (brother), Mark McKenna (co-writer), Aiden Gillen and Maria Doyle Kennedy (parents), Ian Kenny (skinhead), Don Wycherley (priest).

Cosmo: Need a light?
Raphina: No. I'm trying to give up.
Cosmo: I didn't have any matches anyway.

I like dialogue like that. And later "No I'm Raphina's younger sister. Sorry."


No comments:

Post a Comment