Sunday 2 December 2018

Strangers When We Meet (1960 Richard Quine)

A good triple bill began with -

Kim Novak is particularly good at conveying emotionally vulnerable characters, never more so than in this, for which she won seventeen Oscars. (Well, in my head. She breaks my heart.) George Duning's music helps.

Our copy is 2.20:1 - unusual for CinemaScope?

David Bowie released a song of the same name.

Written by Evan Hunter, (Last Summer, The Birds) from his own 1958 novel.

I think after Vertigo someone (Charles Lang) realised Kim has a great profile.

Luckily, people on Amazon are better reviewers than I am:
This is a film I watched in the cinema in the early 60's.
I have tried to purchase it for several years and now have managed to get it.
The delivery was very fast and now I intend to enjoy the film.
Thank You.
With Kirk and Kim are Barbara Rush (Kirk's wife), Ernie Kovacs, Walter Matthau, John Bryant her husband, Nancy Kovack, Virginia Bruce, Kent Smith.



No comments:

Post a Comment