Saturday 7 December 2019

You're Telling Me! (1934 Erle C. Kenton)

Originally watched this on August 25 1975 as part of a Bank Holiday comedy triple bill (the others being Fraternally Yours / Sons of The Desert and .. what was the third one? That's going to bug me now*).

W.C. Fields meets a princess (Adrienne Ames) but doesn't believe her. Not as funny as some of the others (Fields isn't credited as a writer; stuff with hat is very well choreographed but old school) but has comedy gold in scene with ostrich, and golf game.

With Buster Crabbe, Joan Marsh, Louise Carter. Photographed by Alfred Gilks. Paramount.

Indestructible tyre plot made me think of Tesla's bullet proof car.


* Thanks to this website for the answer - it was only Duck Soup... which my records show I didn't see until 10 August 1979. Why didn't I watch it on that day?? My childhood's ruined...


No comments:

Post a Comment