Tuesday 8 June 2021

Sherlock: A Scandal in Belgravia (2012 Paul McGuigan, scr Steven Moffat)

This I think has to be one of the best Sherlock films, as we begin to get into the heart of the man. He clearly cares for Mrs Hudson, not allowing Mycroft to tell her to shut up, then when she's assaulted he drops the villain out of the window several times. He actually apologises to Molly after he's been mean to her for the upteenth time, and even kisses her on the cheek (check out astonished reaction from Watson). Meanwhile he's fascinated by dominatrix (cue all sorts of puns) Lara Pulver, whose opening appearance nude gives Sherlock nothing to guess at. The ending is divine, and I'm not going to spoil it for myself the next time, but I LOVED it!

Very clever screenplay. 'The Geek Interpreter' etc. (Weirdly The Greek Interpreter is the next short story I have to read.)

Benedict is a fabulous Sherlock.

DP Fabian Wagner, editor Charlie Phillips.



No comments:

Post a Comment