Monday 8 May 2023

The Devil Wears Prada (2006 David Frankel)

In a way a similar set-up to the Nanny Diaries, only this time she has to conquer the superciliousness of everyone in her office, the fashion magazine 'Runway', led by the fearsome Meryl Streep. Anne Hathaway, Emily Blunt and Stanley Tucci great value also. With Adrian Grenier, Tracie Thoms, Rich Sommer.

When Streep fires off her lists of things to do I can only remember about two in every five. Liked her line "Where's that piece of paper I had in my hand yesterday morning?" Written by Aline Brosh McKenna from Lauren Weisberger novel, based on her experiences as assistant to Vogue editor Anna Wintour, who Q informs me is now dating Bill Nighy. (Though she also told me Anne Hathaway was related to Julia Roberts, which is bollocks.)

Colourfully filmed by Florian Ballhaus. Edited by Mark Livolsi.

No comments:

Post a Comment