Sunday 6 September 2020

Working Girl (1988 Mike Nichols)

Couldn't help feeling Melanie Griffiths' body is being exploited in this film - like here:

Or here:

Oops. I'm doing it myself. I mean I'm not complaining - she looks great, photographed by Michael Ballhaus (and featuring one of his distinctive circling tracking shots with Griffith and Ford).

Great cast - Joan Cusack, Sigourney Weaver, Alec Baldwin, Olympia Dukakis, Kevin Spacey, Philip Bosco, Nora Dunn, Oliver Platt.

"I have a face for business and a bod for sin."

We only watched it because Claire in Modern Family (Julie Bowen) was dressed like her in one of the Halloween episodes and we were knackered beyond the point of thinking. And of course because it's a very smooth and enjoyable film.

It reminded me Griffiths was in a remake of Born Yesterday, with John Goodman and Don Johnson.

No comments:

Post a Comment