Sunday 22 December 2013

National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation (1989 Jeremiah S. Chechik)

So, it's the annual torture, I mean ritual.

You've not heard of Jeremiah S. Chechik? Well, neither have I. So let's leave that stone unturned.

I've never been a particular fan of Chevy Chase, though I have to admit that he has his moments e.g. falling apart when chatting to sexy perfume salesgirl. I also don't get on with Randy Quaid's character. At all.

Um. What else? I like the moment where they're all told to freeze and Beverly D'Angelo has her hand over Chevy's balls. And says something like "this is all we've got left'... I don't know. Something!


"The coffin - I mean the tree." I liked the bannister gag that references IAWL.

Written by John Hughes and unmistakably of his scent.

No comments:

Post a Comment