Sunday 18 February 2024

Whisky Tango Foxtrot (2016 Glenn Ficara & John Requa)

Full of unexpected people popping up, like Alfred Molina, Stephen Peacocke and Sterling K Brown. It was dedicated to Tina's dad Donald Fey, Korean war veteran, fireman and writer, based on Kim Barker's autobiography. ("If I had ended up, at the end of this movie, married and holding a baby, I would have punched this movie," she was quoted as saying.) 

Funnily enough I find myself in Afghanistan again (Kafiristan) and Morocco again on the same day.

It was written by Robert Carlock, who wrote one episode of 30 Rock.

It's jolly good.


I love the relationship she develops with commander Billy Bob Thornton, and with her guide. Some of the music choices are eclectic, to be sure (rescue scene to 'Can't Live' by Nilsson).

With someone called Margot Robbie, someone called Martin Freeman, Christopher Abbott, Nicholas Braun.

No comments:

Post a Comment