Sunday 29 September 2024

The Internecine Project (1974 Ken Hughes)

I was going to say that I had long wondered what this film was about, but it turns out I'd already seen it, on 16 June 1980 (rating 5/10). It's a really stupid title because I can't be the only one that doesn't know what 'Internecine' means - it's an immediate put-off. ('Destructive to both sides in a conflict.')

Anyhow. For reasons I wasn't really paying attention to, 'economist' James Coburn has to wipe out a secret network he's created, comprising Michael Jayston, Harry Andrews, Ian Hendry and Christiane Krüger. How he achieves this is the main bit of the film and makes it worth watching. In parallel he's having an affair with ex Lee Grant. Other than that, Coburn spends his whole time walking in and out of various locations, pouring himself a Scotch (or Brandy, on one occasion) all the time.

It was shot by Geoffrey Unsworth but the print on Legend is not of good quality.



No comments:

Post a Comment